Saturday, February 23, 2013

Module 7

                                                                    Module 7


For a long time some countries have been better then others  in different aspects of goods and trading. This is because of the location and resources that each country has, this means that if a country lacks of some products or good can still have success on another area. This is what its called Competitive Advantage. Every country has different levels of education and economic practices, the countries with most success or advantage are those who keep at par with technology and are better at innovation.
Competitive Advantage works internationally when countries produce goods separate and then are brought together to a market for the consumer.

Because of the internet we have what its called a self-directed consumers. Before the internet consumers had to buy in local companies and settle for their prices, there was not a way to compare the prices of the competition if this one was outside of your city or country. Now the internet has made possible for consumers to find the  best price and customization for them. They can search for stores nearby or stores In another country that might have a better price.  The consumer has a lot of power and feel in charge of their shopping experience, they can also let other consumers know if the experience was good or not. This is a big advantage for both, the consumers and the merchants. I am one of those consumers that, If I see something at any store I would look up for the item on the internet and try to get the most out of my dollar before buying it.

American culture has become a huge part of the global culture. Every day more and more countries are adopting American ways. In my home country, for example, I've notice that people not only include in our native language American words but also have adopted a lot of the way of Americans. I only noticed this after having moved to the United States, before that I never wonder why we did it.  Americanization is happening to everyone but we will always have countries that will want to keep their cultures the way it was.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, more countries have have English as a second language, than any other country. Our culture really does affect the world and what happens.

    ReplyDelete